I have been getting emails with questions on Kmart deals.
First, here is their double coupon policy:
- Kmart will double up to $1 manufacturer’s coupons – EVERYDAY right now.
- Limit 5 coupons per day (not according to TLC’s Extreme Couponing show)
- You may only purchase 4 of the same item using double coupons
- Only 1 coupon will be doubled per item.
- You must scan your shop your way rewards card to get your coupons doubled
- You must have a minimum of $25 in groceries and pharmacyitems these would include
- Cleaning Supplies
- Paper & Tissue Products
- Laundry Care
- Air Fresheners
- Food Storage
before coupons are scanned in order for them to be doubled.
- Kmart won’t give you overage. If you have a $1.94 item and use $1/1 coupon, the coupon will double to take $1.94 off total, not $2 off.
- Don’t checkout at customer service because they don’t have catalina machines.
Second, we get Shop Your Way Rewards
- At checkout, flash your Member Number – Voila! Points earned for every purchase.
- If you forgot your Member Number, simply give the associate your phone number or email address.
And More Fun!
- At checkout, have the associate tell you your Points balance. No number handy? Use your phone number or email address.
- Enter your Member PIN in the register keypad when prompted.
- Let the associate know how many points you want to use for your purchase. Remember, every 1,000 Points = $1.(by paying with your Sears card you get 5% instead of 1%- so that is every 1000 points = $5)
Now lately you probably saw that you had lost points on your rewards. Apparently Kmart Corp. is saying that there was a “glinch” in their system. Here is what your shopping history might look like
|06/01/2012||Kmart – 30% in Points on Health and Beautycare products Orders Details Not Available||0||0||-14117||-14117||$-14.12|
They claim that this promotion was not for everyone, but the system accidentally gave it to everyone, so now they are taking it back. This had put my account in the Negative, which I was not to happy about since I now shop there everyday . I called them several times to get my account checked and I was returned $13.10 of the amount which put my account to a $.00 balance.
Third, I have heard from a few shoppers, that they are getting the cold shoulders when they use their coupons. I think most retailers like getting more business with couponers, but just don’t like the hassle that comes with it.
My opinion and what I have experienced at Kmart is that if there’s to many hands in the pot, it tends to get messy. First of all, buy what is on your coupon. If a cashier has to question a coupon, that’s when it starts getting messy, they call over a supervisor that has no idea what is going on at that register. So now you have 2 persons trying to figure out a certain coupon, the line is forming behind you, you start getting nervous that the people in line will get upset because they have to wait longer.Now the supervisor is trying to void part of the transaction, but it’s not working. She calls in another supervisor (here’s where it really gets messy). This third person has NO idea what just happened that the transaction is all messed up. And then one of these Supervisors says “well why is she getting this free?” And your thinking “HELLO I HAVE A BOGO COUPON!”. We all want the best deals we can get, so we all have to work together. I must admit, I haven’t always been the easiest couponers at the registers. I try very hard to organize every coupon as I place the product on the counter. I have concluded with Kmart is to try very hard not to get that 3rd supervisor to come to the register.